1. How other country do agriculture education?
- We will have other guest speakers representing other countries in coming sessions
- East Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak ) Join Malaysia in 1963. Read more about the history how Malaysia is formed here
- One of the programs is eco-school.
- Volunteer opportunities in environmental conservation in Malaysia -information
- It depends on the programs
- Electives only offered for student age 16-17 in high schools. Most of the electives are vocational courses.
- Teacher students in Malaysia is often send to Indonesia either to volunteer or as part as teacher training experience.
- Technical college focuses to prepare student for college (engineering & technology program), Vocational college focuses to prepare student for vocation
- Information about Penn State Teaching and Research Assistantship
10.What is the main issues in Ag Education Malaysia?
- Last year Malaysia upgrades to school-based assessment application, and raises a lot of issues.
1. Malaysia is very interesting multicultural area
2. I learned more about Ag Education in Malaysia
3.The history of Malaysia prior to its independence
4.Higer standard for students in America
5.Our expectation to teach in are ambitious in comparison to what is taught .
6.The Malaysian people, culture and much more
7. How to become a Malaysia teacher
8. The process to become an Ag teacher in Malaysia and how it's different from here
9.What is being taught at different ages in Malaysia education in Ag
10. Bloom's taxonomy
11.General education plan currently in use in Malaysia
12. School system in Malaysia in relation to Agriculture
13.Difference in Malaysia Ag
What do you want to learn more about?
1. Does Malaysia ever use American Ag. Edu as an example for their programs?
- One program using this model and successful in Malaysia TVET is Malaysia Dual Training System
- In 1999 Malaysia piloted a school to work program involving 500 high school students. However due to several problem it was differed.
- 2-3 year for a Associate Degree
- 3-4 year for a Bachelor Degree
- We will address this in the next three sessions
- We can chat about in class.
- Focus both on college and vocation
7. Blooms taxonomy
- Description on Bloom's Taxonomy
- Religious belief and culture had a great impact on the school system in many ways. This is an interesting article to read.